Friday, June 10, 2011

My motherhood journey...

It’s been so long since I’ve wrote the last entry in my blog.

BUT now, I’m getting back to work..work=busy = full occupied. It’s almost past 6 month already..
And my lil Darwisy also had grown his way as well..compare to previous picture I’ve post in my last entry..how sweet!

  my 6mnth darwisy mikhail..

Talking bout my lil baby, watching him grow up day by day is the most enjoyable moment in my life. Trying my best to always be there for him everytime.. everyday..not considering the fact I left him at BS’s house when I went to work.

Having a baby in my life had change myself a lot..say it physically and mentally..of course the obvious and noticeable is my physical..Bulging here and there, no more 25” jean waist (still trying!) and sometimes even forgot to put my lipstick on when going out..(don’t tell me I’m the only miserable mom here!)

Anyway, there’s a thing I am proud of myself..which I deserved a pat on my shoulder.. which I never imagined I would able to accomplished. That is..FULLY BREASTFEED MY BABY UP TO 6 MONTH! Yes..i’m proud of myself because I’m able to do that. I never imagine I will actually..

Remember back then, when I just started getting back to work..its quite hard to adjust the pumping scheduled. Bear in mind I need to sneak out from my boss to pump my milk..and that’s not the only obstacle..my supply also is not enough for my baby’s need..i only manage to get around 2-2.5oz/pumping session..1 pumping session= 30mins. I need to supply my bs about 9oz per day..that is my baby’s need from 8am-5.30am..i still remember there’s a time I need to woke at 3am to pump my milk for my baby’s supply the next day..

 My Swing...

i only used Autumz storage...

Am I pressure??YES! thinking that my milk supply is not enough and how I can increase that..well, after did a lot of reading through websites and blogs I manage to get/ learn a few methods to increase my supply..some of the methods that I try is..
 - drink lots of milk/ nestum/ oats..
-  increase my pumping session (5 session/ day?)
- try intensive pumping (pump 15 min break and another 15min..)

And guess what? It did show some improvement. Alhamdulillah..After a month, I am able to stabilize my supply. To which is enough to my baby’s need. But still not that great as compare to other’s mothers. My daily pumping scheduled also has been fix as below..  

6.15 am – 1st session at home b4 work
10.30 am – 2nd session at office
1.30pm – 3rd session at office
4.30pm – 4th session at office
8.30pm – 5th session at office



What I can conclude here is..
  •  Always prepare yourself mentally and physically if you plan to fully breastfeed. If you already set your mind for it just go for it and never give up!
  •  Do it with your heart and always be sincere..not because you have to..not because others did that..
  • Do invest yourself a good pump..a double pump if I have to be precise..(consider you are working)..me myself quite regret for having single pump..but yet still if there’s a will there’s a way for you to fully breastfeed!
  • Do pray to Allah (if you are muslims)so you will have enough milk to your baby and maintain the supply..Eventhough  you just get a little, still syukur for it.
  • Get yourself a good food..for your baby to be healthy, you have to be healthy first!
Finally..The most important thing is..I won’t promise you this is easy..I won’t say it’s not pressure..i can’t assure it’s not tiring..BUT, I can give you my word it’s worth all the way through your journey..trust me. So all the mothers out there Good Luck with your breastfeeding journey..Good luck for myself too..hopefully will able to continue until Wish become 2yrs ol!Do enjoy it because one day you sure going to miss the moment..

Cheers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment